The Lord is My Strength and My Song...



Thursday, March 4, 2010

Oh how I love birthdays!!

Let me start by saying I am the queen of stretching out a birthday...I think I get that from my Aunt Elaine! My birthday fun started with a surprise party at Papacitas with my wonderful family and friends. I walked in a didn't know what to think when mom was leading me to a table with a balloon! There I found that Aaron had driven in from Dallas, my grandparents were there, Kim and Philipp and of course my gang knew about it all along with my good friend Wendy and her daughter Emily. What a fun lunch we had...I got some really neat presents and some birthday money to go and treat myself to some new spring clothes or I may just save it for some fun on my summer cruise! Mrs. Diana made her scrumptious cookies using purple icing, my favorite color of all time. This all happened on a Saturday, and here my birthday is on a Thursday, so I have drawn this out for almost a week now! :)

So today was somewhat a stressful day with the first stage rehearsal of my 3rd grade program, but it ended up being a great day. My kids did great and I have a wonderful student teacher that is doing an incredible job of helping me out. She is awesome and I know I am going to hate to see her leave!! Anyway, Maddie and I went to the DQ for dinner and then went to the 1st grade program, so it was almost 7 when we got home. I was worn out and knew I would have to do some housecleaning, as we are having family come in tomorrow night. When I arrived home I found my house totally clean!!! To top it off, Justin had gotten me some more presents, including some new "Fancy Love" perfume and the box set of "Big Whiskey and the Groo Grux King". As an extra bonus, he used my cricket to cut out the letters that spelled "Happy B-Day". I didn't even know he knew how to use that machine!! What a GREAT husband I have. Thank you Justin for being so amazing...I love you!!!

I cannot tell you how many text and facebook messages I received from friends and family today. Thank you so much friends!! I feel so incredibly loved. You are all a blessing!

I am going to end a wonderful birthday by doing my bible study, "When Wallflowers Dance" by Angela Thomas (a wonderful study...if you haven't done it, you should!) and getting some rest.

Lots of Love,
Alanna

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you had a great day today!! What a good guy Justin is!!! Happy birthday girl!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete