The Lord is My Strength and My Song...



Saturday, March 13, 2010

MJ and More

While strolling the aisles of Wal-mart alone, a luxury I rarely ever get, I found myself just roaming around not necessarily having a plan as to what section I was headed for. (Something that can get you in trouble if you are on the Dave Ramsey plan!) Anyway, I ended up in the CD section and found that wal-mart had their "This Is It" Michael Jackson CD on sale for the low, low price of $10, so of course I had to purchase it. On the way home I popped it in my player and the minute I heard the first song, I instantly thought of my dad. Growing up my dad was always playing music in our den, loud enough for the whole house to enjoy or not enjoy in some cases. :) Aaron and Kim could relate to that one....although I must admit I usually enjoyed it because I got my love of classical music from my dad. He played every type of music you could think of. Irene Carey's "What a Feeling", Queen, Beethoven, you name it he played it...but Michael Jackson frequented the tape deck the most. I would make up crazy "Beat it" and "Thiller" dances. Dad even took the family (mom was pregnant with Kimberly) to the MJ Thiller concert and I remember it being wonderful! How many parents do you know that would take their 8 & 4 year old to a concert? He knew that we would love it and we did! I love it when music triggers a special memory, especially of him...

Speaking of Dad, my Madeline, or should I say Alan Jr., did some funny things this week. After my Wild Things program, the principal gave me some flowers, (along with my mom, Maddie and Landon) and the minute we got home Madeline had to be the florist. She found a vase, & I helped her trim the stems and she arranged them to her liking. She cleared off the table, put out the placemats, set the table with paper plates and a fork wrapped in a napkin and put the "center-piece" on the table. She said it looked wonderful, and it did! Then on Friday when I came home from school, she called me to her room to see what she had found on TV. She got bored watching a rerun of Phineus and Ferb, so she found Paula Deen on the food network. She was making chicken pot pie and she thought it looked so yummy, so she started writing down the recipe! It did look very tasty...I hope we can make it together soon! Pretty soon she is going to start watching "Design on a Dime" and then she really will be Alan Jr!!

Landon had a great week at school....all smiley faces!! We are going to celebrate at Chuck E cheese over spring break so that should be fun. (I think we will skip the pizza and just play the games) I caught Landon singing part of DMB song this week, and that made me smile!

I am ready for a week of Kim's wedding portrait shoot, shopping for shower dresses, going to a MUSE concert, staying at the Gaylord Texan, catching up on things around the house and spending time with family!!

The simple things in life are the best...have a blessed spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment