We had such a great time this weekend spending time with family & relaxing. On Saturday Kimberly & Philipp threw a party for the family in their new apartment so that we could see all of their wedding goodies displayed in their new home. Everything looked so nice! It makes me want to go out and register at Bed, Bath & Beyond! :) We enjoyed sandwiches & dips and the kids + Matt/Philipp took a dip in the extremely cold pool! Needless to say, they did not swim for long. I just love weekends where the entire family gets together to reconnect....we have a very special bond and I do not take it for granted!! On Sunday we enjoyed church at Lover's Lane, lunch at BJ's (their root beer is the best) and swimming in the freezing pool again. Luckily I avoided the pool all weekend...not sure how I managed that! That night we drove to Rockwall and strolled the boardwalk area by Lake Ray Hubbard. It is just beautiful! We ate at Blue Canyon and had some wonderful blue cheese chips. We had waited as long as we could and we had to say bye to Kimberly & Philipp...we started driving back home at 9:30! We pulled into Marshall a little after midnight and poor Justin had to work today on Labor Day. But not me....I am spending the day doing laundry, blogging and relaxing with my kids. If only we had one more day like this....tomorrow it is back to reality!
No comments:
Post a Comment