Every Valentine's weekend is the same for a music educator...it is usually spent in San Antonio for a wonderful convention called TMEA. I look forward to it each and every year. It is such a pick-me-up during the school year & I come back inspired and rejuvinated, ready to teach my wonderful kiddos. Not only are the sessions a great place to learn new content & fun ideas for the classroom, but I find that I learn just as much visiting with my music friends about lessons/music they love. My big discovery this TMEA was a book called "Fun With Composers" and I can't wait to get it for my classroom. I was just going to buy it and add it to my personal collection, but it was $99.00, so I think I will wait to use my budget money for that next year. Super fun listening maps and ways to add movement and instruments to classical music. I love when kids enjoy classical music, and this book is sure to be a success! Justin enjoyed being a part of the college scene for the first time at TMEA...college region meetings, college night recruiting, & the ETBU reunion were all great. He enjoyed conversing with some old and new friends!
One of my favorite parts of TMEA though, is spending time with my best friend Holly. Every time we are together we pick up right where we left off...it is like we are in college again! We have so much fun together!!! I love that I can talk to her about anything going on in my life and not have to worry about judgement. Everyone needs a friend like that...someone that you know will love you no matter what. Holly is that friend for me & I hope that I am that friend for someone too! Like I said, I L-O-V-E, love TMEA and all of the fun and friends that go along with it. How appropriate that it always falls on Valentine's weekend!
The kids had a fun time staying with grandparents while we were away for the convention. Landon went to see Grannie Jeanne & Pa and Maddie stayed in Gilmer with Grammy, Grandmother and Granddaddy. Landon enjoyed going to the livestock show and seeing the pigs and chickens. Maddie enjoyed playing in the 7 in. of snow that East TX got while we were gone. They even called off school on Friday, not because of the icy roads, but because of power outages. She made a snow angel & snowman and her and Granddad had a mean snowball fight! They tried to sled down the hill, but she just sank down into the snow, so no luck there. Of course it always snows when we are away!! It did that a couple of years ago during TMEA...
Valentine's day came and went quickly as we spent it driving back home to East TX. We did, however, start our day off right with some super yummy breakfast with Derek and Leah at Sol De Jalisco's. They have the best Mexican food ever and their guacamole is to die for!! I always over-indulge myself when I go there. If we lived in Belton I would be 300 pounds for sure...maybe it is a good thing that we only get that luxury when we visit Justin's family! :) We sure do love their food, but love the company more! Hope your Valentine's Day was wonderful!
Graduation Laundry Gift
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment